Lokus – Discover Your World
Lokus lets you explore and interact with local places and people using information provided by the community.
Target Audience: Students, professionals, mobile.
Website URL: www.lokusapp.com
1) Visit http://www.lokusapp.com/. What is your initial impression of what you see? Are you immediately drawn to click any of the buttons? Why or why not?
2) Try clicking the “Browse” and “Locate” buttons on the masthead.
3) Are you encouraged to sign up for a free account? If not, why?
4) How do you think the site compares to other similar sites/competitors like yelp.com?
5) Please share any additional feedback/comments you may have.
Lokus, a currently in an open-beta, Lokus allows anybody to contribute to a wiki-style, location based reference that offers reviews and information similiar to Yelp or Facebook Places.
Lokus, unlike its competitors, allows open contribution and editing of entries for Places, creating a collaborative community similiar to Wikipedia. Users can also submit guides, news articles, and create discussions about places.