Stickr – Stick The Web
Online tool for commenting and making notes on the web.
Target Audience: Web surfers.
Website URL: http://stickr.com/
- Visit http://stickr.com. Spend no more than 5-10 seconds on the home page. What do you think the site is about?
- Now go back to the site and comment on various elements of the site.
- What do you find bothersome? What do you like?
- What do you think of the sign up process?
- How do you think the site compares to other similar sites (diigo and others)?
- Why would you use our service ? (to make notes and so on)
- Please share any additional feedback/comments you might have.
Stickr.com is an easy-to-use on-line tool which lets you comment on any site and share it with other people. Stickr has Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Opera and Safari tools to simplify the process of commenting. You should simply drag the button to your browser toolbar and you are ready to â€œstickâ€. The service has become very popular in the past 10 months.
The main features of Stickr.com:
- The registration process is very simple and takes just several seconds. You can also connect Stickr through Google mail, Twitter, OpenID, Facebook and Friendfeed accounts.
- You can attach different content to your stickers â€“ quotes, images, links, video and audio files. If you donâ€™t have video files on your computer, then you can search for them on Youtube or Vimeo through Stickr site.
- You can change background color and font size and the size of the sticker as well as the sticker itself can be placed in any place of the page. You can make it public or private.
- You can also change your page background template to whatever picture you like and other members will see the unique design of your feed when viewing your stickers.
- Besides making your own stickers you can follow other peopleâ€™s stickers.
- You can create public, private and personal groups, which is very convenient for people who want to find friends among Stickr users with the same interests. And this is very convenient for you to make personal notes.
- Stickr feed can be embedded to your homepage or blog.
- One more useful feature is cross posting. You can import your Facebook, Twitter, Friendfeed, Evernote and Livejournal accounts to Stickr. Profile feed for these services will be updated automatically using your stickers. Thus, you donâ€™t need to spend lot of time updating all of your profiles and your friends can easily track your activity and leave comments to the articles they liked.
- You can make screen-shots in Google Chrome browser using new screen grabber feature.
- The site is available in Russian and English and feeds are separated by languages.
Here is a short video on how Stickr works: