Welshare – Share. Stay Informed.
A sharing platform that lets you aggregate your social networks and more.
Target Audience: Regular twitter and facebook users.
Website URL: http://welshare.com
- Are the concepts of unified like button, reputation, friends+followers and viral graph promising?
- Is the user experience easy and pleasant?
- Do you think facebook/twitter/openid registration is a plus?
- List 3 serious deficiencies that you find.
Welshare is a sharing platform, and as such is similar to other services like hootsuite, friendfeed, postling, favit, tweetdeck, etc. But as 37signals write â€œbuild software for yourselfâ€. And none of these services offered exactly what I wanted, so I had to roll out my own. Here are some of the features:
– Aggregating your twitter and facebook streams in addition to the internal stream â€“ thatâ€™s an incentive to actually start using it â€“ you will be seeing all your streams from a single place;
– Unified like button â€“ â€œlikeâ€ means â€œI like this, and I want my friends to know about thatâ€;
– Search â€“ search the whole site, your stream or your own messages;
– Social reputation â€“ simple, mechanical formula for measuring social reputation. Providing rankings based on city and country;
– Friends and followers â€“ if you are a friend with someone, add them as friend. If you are just interested in their â€œstuffâ€ â€“ follow them;
– Notifications â€“ you get notified on events from welshare, facebook and twitter, with a unified interface;
– Viral graph when url shortening – each user in the viral graph can track his contribution to spreading the link.