The Covid-19 pandemic has helped make ‘working from home’ the new normal. As such, many business owners are looking for gadgets that can help them run their enterprises remotely. If you plan on staying home until the pandemic dies down (or at least until a vaccine is developed), then you should invest in these gadgets that can help you run your business smoothly – right at the comfort of your own home.
5 Best-Selling Gadgets for Business
Table of Contents
- 1. Security System: Lorex 1080p HD Indoor/Outdoor Security System
- 2. Business Laptop: Dell Latitude 7220 Rugged Extreme Tablet
- 3. Wireless Router: Asus BRT-AC828 router
- 4. Employee Monitoring System: Interguard
- 5. Network Attached Storage: IoSafe 218 NAS
- 6. USB Flash Drive: Apricorn Aegis Secure Key
- 7. Office Printer, Scanner, Copier, and Fax Machine: HP OfficeJet Pro 9025
- 8. Projector: BenQ EH600 Smart Business Projector
- 9. Conference Speakers: Jabra Speak 510
- 10. Gadget Sanitizer: PhoneSoap Pro
Reviews of 10 Top Rated Gadgets for Business Use
1. Security System: Lorex 1080p HD Indoor/Outdoor Security System
- full 1080p hd resolution
- 78° field of view
- up to 115 ft. night vision in ambient light and 75 ft. in total darkness
- built-in microphone for listen-in audio recording (as permitted by law)
- aluminum alloy camera housing for outdoor application
Now that you’re at home, you may not be able to monitor your employees as much as you want to. It may be normal to feel alarmed since 80% of thefts usually occur in businesses with less than 100 employees. If you feel uneasy because of this fact, then you should consider having a security camera in place.
One good option is the Lorex 1080p HD Indoor/Outdoor Security System. This HD security camera runs on a 1080p resolution for high-def videos. It also has a 118-degree field of view and a maximum night vision range of 115 feet. With its built-in microphone, you can record everything that’s going on in your business.
Unlike other security systems, it has a simple installation process. It is also compatible with most Lorex MPX video recorders, which is good if you already have some.
Made with a heavy-duty exterior, the Lorex 1080p HD Indoor/Outdoor Security System can withstand crazy weather (120 F heat or –4F cold) – even vandalism.
2. Business Laptop: Dell Latitude 7220 Rugged Extreme Tablet
- intel core 7th generation i5-7300u processor (dual core, up to 3.50 ghz, 3mb cache, 15w) + u-blox neo-m8 gps card
- 11.6inch fhd (1920x1080) outdoor-readable glove-capable touchscreen w/gorilla glass
- 8gb 1866mhz lpddr3 memory
- 256gb solid state drive
- dell factory refurbished | three year dell warranty
A laptop is an essential investment for any business. It serves as a repository for your sales records, accounting programs, payroll software, and so much more. As such, you need to invest in good laptop/s for your company.
One of the best laptops for businesses proves to be the Dell Latitude 7220 Rugged Extreme Tablet. It may be light at 2.9 pounds, but it’s one of the most powerful 12-inch tablets in the world. It’s guaranteed to remain working even if your employee has dropped it from a height of 4 feet. He/she may even leave it in temperatures ranging from –28C to 62C and the laptop would still be good to go.
It runs on the 8th Gen Intel Core processor, and as such could perform efficiently even if multiple programs are running. With its 802.11ax WiFi connectivity, you are guaranteed faster file transfers and speedy video streaming. This makes the product reliable for videoconferences that you may need to host frequently.
The Dell Latitude 7220 Rugged Extreme Tablet also comes with the Dell Data Guardian Control, which ensures the safety of your files. This also allows for smart collaboration, so you can work with your employees whether you’re at home or somewhere else.
3. Wireless Router: Asus BRT-AC828 router
- 1024 qam technology 80 percent faster 5 gigahertz at up to 2100 mbps, 66 percent faster 2. 4 gigahertz at up to 1000 mbps; utilities: firmware restoration
- 33 percent greater 2. 4 gigahertz coverage with a 4 transmit, 4 receive (4t4r) antenna design, able to reach our widest ever coverage up to 5000 square feet
- expansive connectivity options: with exclusively has 8 x gigabit lan ports for up to eight ethernet compatible devices to connect simultaneously
- powerful 1. 4 gigahertz dual core processor, faster usb data transfers enjoy up to over 100 mb/s speed and the router download/upload speed (wan lan throughput) up to 1. 8 gaps
- smart connect automatically chooses the best band available for you, dimensions: 11. 8 x 7. 4 x 3. 3 inch (wdhp).
The Internet is vital for businesses, especially in this age where remote working may be the new normal. If you want to be able to monitor or communicate with your employees without much lag time, then you are going to need to get the best wireless router for your business (and your home too!)
One of the best wireless routers in the market is the Asus BRT-AC828 router. With its 4×4 MIMO antenna design and ASUS AiRadar beamforming, it can help provide fast WiFi within the office. On 2.4G, it can run up to 800 Mbps. As for 5G, it can power up to 1734 Mbps. As such, this router can provide an internet connection that is 1.33 times faster than similar models.
It also has a Hardware Dual WAN and a 2Gbps bandwidth that ensure a stable connection. As such, it can handle as much as 250 connections, which makes it for small to medium-sized enterprises.
What’s great about the Asus BRT-AC828 router is that it comes with improved network safety. It has a hardware crypto engine that ensures the safety and security of your sensitive business files.
The Asus BRT-AC828 router also boasts of easy management, enabling your customers to log-in to the WiFi in just a few steps. As a bonus, you can create a free, customizable WiFi portal with the help of this router. Not only will it help enhance your processes, but it can help foster business growth as well!
4. Employee Monitoring System: Interguard
While this is not technically a gadget, an employee monitoring system is a software that is important in remote business activity. As such, this is one product that you need to install on your employee’s laptops. One software you should consider is Interguard, which allows you to see the activities in your workers’ computers.
This easy-to-install program has a remote employee time tracking feature, so you can track employees where they are working, be it the office or the comfort of their own homes. It also comes with productivity tracking, so they are less likely to miss deadlines and whatnot.
With its Data Theft and Fraud Detection, it can warn you if sensitive data is being sent, copied, or uploaded without permission.
Interguard is very easy to use, especially for not-so-techy business owners. It comes with a 6-view dashboard, including that of charts, users, alert logs, data, notifications, and searches. With these options, you can ensure smooth business operations in the comfort of your own home.
5. Network Attached Storage: IoSafe 218 NAS
- 218 nas, diskless, fireproof waterproof
While the virus is the pressing issue at the moment, remember that you are also at risk of losing your important business files to theft, fire, and flooding. As such, you need to protect it with a reliable network-attached storage system, such as the IoSafe 218 NAS.
This simple and robust system is fireproof, which can defend your files in 1550F heat for up to 30 minutes. It is also waterproof, meaning it can protect your sensitive files for up to 3 days – even if they are submerged in 10 feet of water.
The IoSafe 218 NAS copies your data simultaneously to two drives, so you have a copy of your files no matter what happens. As such, this product is perfect for offices, and small to medium businesses.
6. USB Flash Drive: Apricorn Aegis Secure Key
- fips 140-2 level 3 validation (pending 1 q 2019)
- aegis configurator compatible
- separate admin and user mode
- two read-only modes
- data recovery pins
It’s not enough to have your data on your laptop or the cloud. If you are very particular in making multiple copies, then you are going to need a good USB flash drive for your office. When it comes to ‘secured’ USB flash drives, the Apricorn Aegis Secure Key leads the list.
This product is a level-3 validated flash drive with 100% hardware-based encryption. It comes with a polymer-coated, wear-resistant onboard keyboard, which means that the device can only be unlocked with this feature.
It also comes with a Self-destruct PIN, so it erases the content in light of physically-compromising situations.
Despite being very secure, this product is very easy to set up. You don’t need any software to operate this gadget – as long as you are the authorized user of the flash drive.
7. Office Printer, Scanner, Copier, and Fax Machine: HP OfficeJet Pro 9025
- upgrade your office – replacing the officejet pro 8720, this small office printer offers faster printing at 24 pages per minute, a 35-page automatic document feeder, and is 39% smaller, plus scans up to 2x faster than the hp officejet pro 9010 series
- organize documents 50% faster – eliminate steps in repetitive tasks and sync to quickbooks, google drive, and more using smart tasks—the easiest way to digitize and organize receipts and business documents on your phone or printer
- ink delivered to your home: get your first 2 months free when you enroll in hp instant ink (optional) during printer set up; plans starting at $2.99 per month after the trial period, shipping and recycling included
- print remotely using hp smart app: access your printer and scanner, monitor ink levels, and print, copy, and scan on the go with our highly-rated hp smart app
- self-healing wi-fi: ensures you stay connected by detecting issues and automatically undergoing up to 3 stages of reconnection to keep your wi-fi stable and reliable
While most documents can be forwarded through e-mails and uploaded to the cloud, some papers still need to be printed. As such, it is best if you get a device that can do this efficiently – and more. It’s not enough to just get a printer, as your employees are going to need something that can fax, scan, and copy as well.
One of the best options in the market is the HP OfficeJet Pro 9025. A true versatile gadget, it can print, fax, copy, and scan files with relative ease. On black ink, it can print as much as 24 pages per minute. The performance is slightly slower for colored documents at only 20 pages per minute.
The HP OfficeJet Pro 9025 also comes with a Smart Tasks feature, which allows you to automate scanning tasks. It can also help you create documents that you can easily edit on your smartphone, tablet, or PC.
As it is equipped with a cloud-based system, you can print documents for the office – even if you are at home. (Just make sure to tell your employees, lest you want them to think that there’s a ghost using the printer.)
What’s great about this product is that it can help you save as much as 50% on ink. While you may shell a high price during the initial purchase, it can actually help you cut on costs in the long run.
What’s great about the HP OfficeJet Pro 9025 is that it also comes with free shipping, which means you can save a whole deal on fees.
8. Projector: BenQ EH600 Smart Business Projector
- wireless mirroring: simple and easy presentation across multiple platforms compatible with pc, mac/ios, or android devices with software-free, step-by-step instructions on the projector on-screen menu.
- built-in business apps: eh600 comes with business apps such as blizz for video calls, teamviewer to allow remote access of the projector, and firefox browser to enhance your meetings’ productivity and efficiency
- over-the-air updates: it administrators can now update the firmware on the eh600 over the air whenever a new firmware is available.
- usb reader supporting multiple formats: instead of unplugging your computer and whatever cables are connected to it, simply use a usb drive to present on the eh600. it will be able to read all your files whether they are in jpeg, pdf, microsoft word, excel, or powerpoint format.
- full hd 1080p resolution & 3500 lumens: eh600 offers high brightness and ultra-sharp readability.
While using the laptop is good for communicating with a few employees, you are going to need a projector to talk to most (if not all) of your workers. Apart from videoconferencing, projectors come in useful for business presentations, reports, and whatnot.
With that being said, a product you should consider for your company is the BenQ EH600 Smart Business Projector. It only costs $999, which is considerably cheaper compared to other business projectors. Despite the affordable price, it comes with a strong array of features that will suit your enterprise.
For one, it’s the world’s first Android-based wireless projector. That means you can use it with your PC, Mac/iOS, or Android gadgets to hold presentations.
The BenQ EH600 Smart Business Projector also comes with many built-in apps, including the Firefox browser. It also has a WPS office, so you and your employees to demonstrate your ideas during crucial huddle sessions. It also has a Blizz program, so that you can host a videoconference easily by sharing screens with your colleagues.
What’s great about the BenQ EH600 Smart Business Projector is that it comes with a TeamViewer Quick Support feature. That means you or any other remote user can troubleshoot the projector as needed. Even if your IT guy is not physically present, he can help the other employees tinker with the projector accordingly.
9. Conference Speakers: Jabra Speak 510
- bluetooth speakerphone
- true wideband sound
- bluetooth a2dp - multimedia streaming
- compatible w/ unified communications solutions & voip clients
- rechargeable battery - 15 hours talk time
The pandemic has made video conferencing more essential than ever. As such, if you want to run your business smoothly from your home, then you are going to need to invest in excellent conference speakers.
Something you should consider is the Jabra Speak 510, which is a mid-range portable USB and Bluetooth speakerphone. It promises clearer conversations that will make your meetings effective. With its Digital Signal Processing technology, it produces crisp sounds without echo and distortion.
The Jabra Speak 510 also has a built-in Omni-directional microphone for 4 users, so speakers from all around the room can be heard well. It is configured with a smart button, so you can contact the participants with the help of a reliable voice assistant.
The Jabra Speak 510 comes with an optimized UC experience, which allows you to set it up easily with most platforms. Given its compact design and long (15 hours) battery life, you can hold meetings whenever, wherever.
10. Gadget Sanitizer: PhoneSoap Pro
- cell phone soap：cleaning anything fit inside within 5 minutes! protect yourself and those closest to you by cleaning your phone regularly. just place your phone and turn it on, the cleaner box will do the rest of the thing
- 10w wireless charging: utilizes qi inductive charging technology that eliminates the need to attach a charging cable. compatible with all the latest phones that support wireless charging including iphone 8, iphone 8 plus, iphone x, iphone xr, iphone 11, samsung s9, s9+, lumia 930, 920, 830, google nexus: 4, 5, 6, 7 etc
- large space: compatible with all phones up to 6.5 inches. not only suitable for smartphones, but also fit for ipods, mp3 players, watches, eyeglasses, toothbrush, jewellery, forks, knives, keys, bluetooth earphones, underwear, socks, baby's toys and any other small objects. fully enclosed design, will not leak ultraviolet light, safe to clean anything that fit inside
- aromatherapy function: drop a few drops of essential oils which your like into the cell phone cleaner device can add pleasant fragrance for beloved thing while cleaning. put essential oil on the aromatherapy inlet, press switch to start having aroma humidifier for your device. it stops automatically after 5 minutes while aromatherapy is finishing, and your device smells very wonderful
- portable & easy to use: the compact design makes it easy to take with you wherever you go. just plug it into the usb cable, put the items inside the box, close the lid, then press and hold the button for one second to start working.
If there is anything that the pandemic has taught us, it is the importance of staying away for virus-cradling services. But it’s hard to part with your cellphone, especially in businesses that are dependent on it.
With mobile phones housing 10x more bacteria than toilet seats, it has the potential to be an incubator for viruses such as the Covid-19. To keep your employees and your business safe, you may need to consider a gadget sanitizer such as the PhoneSoap Pro.
Compared to other PhoneSoap gadgets, the Pro line comes with more UV bulbs, which means better sanitation (99.9% of germs as claimed) in half the usual time (down to 5 minutes). It also has a larger bay, which means it can accommodate bigger phones and other accessories.
What’s great about PhoneSoap Pro is that you can sanitize your phone while charging it. As such, your employees can keep their phones juiced up and clean – all at the same time.
New technology has made it easier to run a business right in the comfort of your own home. And since there are many choices out there, it is best to go for one of the best in the field. While they may be more expensive than other products, they usually have robust features – allowing them to last for a long time.