According to a study done by Edison, 26% of adults in the U.S listen to podcasts every day, and the demand for this audio edutainment is rapidly growing in the world. Podcasts portray a unique advantage over any other digital content because you learn how to engage with your audience effectively.
Through podcasts, you can deliver your marketing messages and leadership skills to customers from anywhere! Listeners can carry your audio clips with them all day, listen in between breaks, drive to meetings, as they jog through town, etc. Since there’s no visual attention, clients can absorb your audio content from anywhere.
To deliver a successful podcast, you’re going to need the right tools. A good podcasting plan requires the right tools and a strategy to create great audio content. You need to invest in the best podcast microphone for quality audio sound.
10 Best-Selling Microphones for Podcasting
Table of Contents
- Buying Guide
- 1. Rode Procaster Dynamic Microphone
- 2. Blue Yeti USB Condenser Microphone
- 3. Blue Snowball Ice Condenser
- 4. HEiL Sound PR-40
- 5. Samson C01U Pro USB
- 6. Shure Beta 57A Super-Cardioid
- 7. MXL 990 Condenser Microphone
- 8. Tonor Q9 Professional USB
- 9. HyperX QuadCast Podcast
- 10. Samson Go Portable USB Microphone
- Frequently Asked Questions
Before you invest your hard-earned cash in a podcasting microphone, consider these key features when making your purchase:
a. Sound Capability
Sound capability in a podcast microphone is the key feature – It should pick up sound from all directions. Look out for host speaker mic types between cardioid microphones if you’re the sole speaker. This device picks up your audio, blocking out excess background noise.
For interview podcasts with regular Q&A sessions, go for an Omni-directional or a bi-directional microphone as it picks up sound from several people at once.
Choose the design suitable for your recording environment. Some microphones have soundproof inbuilt pop filters to get rid of any external noise and give your listeners a pleasant experience. Other microphones have a rotating arm to allow you to move about freely between your speeches, or perhaps pass on the mic to your team members for their contributions if you’ve got several panelists on your podcast.
Check for durability in your audio creation tools before investing. Go for high-quality mics that will stand the test of time, even absorb shock or drop damage if it ever happens.
d. Microphone Impedance
A decent podcast mic should capture sound signals, quality AC currents, and ratings ranging from 600 Ohms. Higher ratings can pick up too many external signals, so go for the recommended ratings for the perfect sound check.
It’s hard to dictate or recommend podcast mic prices to our readers, but you have to work on a budget from your end. The price range varies with quality, audience, and portability.
Without further ado let’s dive in for the Ten Best Podcasting Microphones.
Reviews of 10 Top Rated Microphone for Podcasts
- featuring a tight polar pattern and tailored-for-voice frequency response
- perfect for every application where a great sounding, rugged microphone with superior ambient noise
- internal shock mounting of capsule for low handling noise
- internal pop-filter to reduce plosives
- includes stand mount, 3/8 inch adaptor and zip pouch
The Rode Procaster mic resembles a traditional microphone. This mic delivers exceptional voice recording with a high output capsule, including internal pop-filters.
- 10-year warranty
- Built-in pop filter for noise reduction
- High-level sound quality
- Balance low-impedance output
- Internal shock mounting
- Metallic durable assembly
- USB or XLR: Designed for XLR
- tri-capsule array - 3 condenser capsules can record almost any situation.
- multiple pattern selection - cardioid, bidirectional, omnidirectional & stereo.
- gain control, mute button, and zero-latency headphone output.
- perfect for vocals, musical instruments, podcasting, voiceovers, interviews, field recordings, conference calls. signal to noise: 100db
- compatible with windows 10, windows 8 (including 8.1), windows 7, windows vista, windows xp (home and professional), and mac os x (10.4.11 or higher), and requires a minimum of 64 mb of ram(remove existing and upload).
The Blue Yeti USB condenser is the best microphone for beginners in the podcast industry. These mics are easy to use and can deliver high-quality features, like on-board audio controls and multiple pickup patterns. They’re also adjustable with four pickup pattern options.
- Four pickup patterns; stereo, cardioid, Omni, and bi-directional
- Broadcast-quality sound
- Boom arm and shock mount accessories available
- 3 in one condenser capsules
- Mute access
- Headphone and amp output
- Plug and play use options
- Multiple color choices
- On-board audio controls
- Flexible positioning with a pivoting design
- USB or XLR
- custom condenser capsule offers crystal clear audio for skype, messages and facetime
- record vocals, create podcasts, and add narration to your home movies
- add crystal clear audio to recordings for youtube; frequency response: 40 –18 khz
- easy plug and play directly to your mac or pc—no drivers to install
- snowball ice is a usb 2.0 device (usb 3.0 compatible as per usb 3.0 backward compatibility specification)
The Fantastic Snowball Ice is a great podcast mic for beginners. Has a USB plug and play feature with a flexible stand. Easy to set up and produces pristine audio for its price. Ideal for solo podcasters, it’s stylish with built-in Skype app for video conferencing too.
- Integrations with available software
- Adjustable tripod
- Crystal clear audio
- Flexible USB plug and play
- Ideal for music recording including instruments
- Custom condenser capsule
- Unique retro design
- USB or XLR for beginners
- generating element: copper-wound dynamic with neodymium magnet structure
- body: steel body with zinc die-cast bottom ring
- frequency response: 28hz to 18khz
- impedance: 600 ohms balanced
- output level: -53.9db @ 1,000 hz
HEiL Sound offers excellent quality and exceptional audio. It has an extensive frequency range, from 28 Hz to 18 kHz. It’s durable, with top-performance audio created for versatility and consistency. The magnet metals built-in matte steel body gives it a professional look.
- Vibrant design
- 28 Hz to 18 KHz audio rate
- 180 degree rear rejection
- 13.5 Oz weight
- Cardioid recording pattern
- 600 Ohms balanced
- Shock diaphragm
- High-quality custom metallic construction
- Internal pop filter to reduce breathing sound
- USB or XLR: 3 pin XLR
- professional usb studio condenser microphone brings pro-quality audio to digital recordings
- simple plug and play operation with mac os and windows, no driver downloads required
- 1/8” headphone output with zero-latency monitoring
- supercardioid pickup pattern provides excellent coverage of sound sources in front of the microphone, while rejecting unwanted noise from the side and rear
- smooth, flat frequency response of 20hz-18khz
Delivers quality audio and has multiple recording functions. It’s ideal for recording podcasts, music, and videos. It has a tripod stand for recording several people. It’s adaptable with iPhones and iPads.
- Includes USB plug and play design
- Comes with a swivel mount and Desktop mic stand
- Shock protector sensors for noise reduction
- Quality audio sound
- Large 19mm diaphragm
- High-frequency output
- Headphones, amps and smartphones output
- USB or XLR plug-and-play design
- tailored frequency response provides drums, guitars, vocals, and horns with studio quality sound.
- uniform super cardioid pattern for high gain before feedback and superior rejection off axis sound
- hardened steel mesh grille that facilitates use of proximity effect and resist wear and abuse
- connectivity: wireless
The Shure BETA 57A mic has tailored frequency settings for vocals, drums, guitars, and audio recording. The cardioid pickup pattern provides a high-grade audio ideal for solo podcast recording. The lightweight design can also be used to record interviews.
- Wireless connectivity
- Personalized frequency response
- Uniform cardioid pattern
- Tough steel mesh grille
- 50 Hz to 16,000 Hz frequency
- Great for warm vocals
- Amp output
- USB or XLR: XLR connections
- perfect addition to any home or project studio
- fet preamp with beautifully balanced sound
- provides silky sweet high end and retains tight, solid low and midrange reproduction
- vintage body style with champagne finish
- includes custom shockmount, mic stand adapter & carrying case
The MXL 990 is the most preferred mic by professional podcasters in the industry. It has high-quality vocals with a custom shock mount, to keep out excess noise. It comes with a carry case and a mic stand adapter. MXL 990 is ideal for anyone with interest in podcasting; it has a 30HZ to 20KHZ frequency range.
- Attractive vintage design
- FET preamp with a balanced output
- Fantastic frequency range
- Custom shock mount and mic stand included
- 6-micron diaphragm
- SPL sensitivity of 130db
- Pressure condenser microphone
- USB or XLR
- plug and play: (note: not compatible with xbox.) with usb a to b cable, q9 microphone is easy to connect with both mac and windows computer, no need any extra driver software or sound card.
- great sound of fidelity: the cardioid condenser capsule enables the q9 to capture pristine and accurate sound and cancel noise from surroundings, perfect for recording and communicating.
- user-friendly design: with a convenient volume button, q9 recording microphone is much easier for you to use.
- durable boom stand: the q9 microphone has a sturdy all-metal suspension scissor stand that extends vertically up to 27.5"/700mm, giving you an excellent range of motion. maximum desk thickness: 1.7"/45mm.
- what you get: 1 x condenser microphone, 1 x extended boom arm, 1 x metal shock mount, 1 x desk clamp, 1 x pop filter, 1 x mic cover, 1 x 1.8m usb cable and 1 x manual.
Tonor Q9 Professional USB microphone is plug-and-play with a fast USB connection. This mic is compatible with Windows, PS4, and Mac computers. Tonor Q9 offers an exceptional frequency response with an extended range of 20Hz to 20 kHz for better clarity.
- Plug and play USB
- Frequency range 20 Hz to 20Khz
- Excellent sound
- Durable stand and with scissor arm stand
- Desk and shock mount included
- Pop filter – eliminates background noise
- USB or XLR connectivity
- anti-vibration shock mount
- tap to mute sensor with led indicator
- four selectable polar patterns
- mount adapter included
- convenient gain control adjustment
HyperX QuadCast microphone comes with an anti-vibration shock mount and an internal pop filter for top audio quality control. The LED indicator light checks your microphone status with a tap to mute feature. For quality control, this mic comes with a headphone jack for low-latency feedback.
- Internal filters
- Anti-vibration shock mount
- Tap to mute sensor
- LED mute with indicators
- Gain control adjustments
- Built-in headphone jack
- Mount adapter
- Four polar patterns
- USB or XLR
- portable usb condenser microphone
- plug and play mac and pc compatible, no drivers required
- custom compact design that clips to a laptop or sits on a desk
- perfect for recording music, podcasting and field recording
- ideal for voice recognition software, ichat, voip and web casting
For traveling podcasters, this is one of the best portable clip-on microphones. The Samson Go offers a high-level condenser microphone, unlike the other podcast mics. It also has recording features that work just fine with a simple audio system. The condenser transducer has a pressure gradient ideal for field recording.
- Custom compact portability
- Carry pouch and clip
- USB plug and play
- Condenser style microphone
- 20 Hz to 18 kHz range
- Zero-latency headphone output
- Flexible cardioid pickup
- USB or XLR plug and play requires no drivers
Invest in a high-quality podcasting mic is a sure way to create professional recordings. Low-quality videos can slow down your client reach, but a right podcast mic could inspire your audience to listen to all your audio podcasts.
Buying the right podcast mic means spending extra money and time; it ensures that you’re delivering quality sound that effectively sells your brand.
Talk to us if you need help with finding the ideal podcast microphone for your brand.
Frequently Asked Questions
For first time podcast mic users, we recommend the Blue Snowball Ice Condenser for the USB plug and play feature with a flexible stand. It’s super easy to set up and produces pristine audio.