According to a study done by Edison, 26% of adults in the U.S listen to podcasts every day, and the demand for this audio edutainment is rapidly growing in the world. Podcasts portray a unique advantage over any other digital content because you learn how to engage with your audience effectively.
Through podcasts, you can deliver your marketing messages and leadership skills to customers from anywhere! Listeners can carry your audio clips with them all day, listen in between breaks, drive to meetings, as they jog through town, etc. Since there’s no visual attention, clients can absorb your audio content from anywhere.
To deliver a successful podcast, you’re going to need the right tools. A good podcasting plan requires the right tools and a strategy to create great audio content. You need to invest in the best podcast microphone for quality audio sound.
10 Best-Selling Microphones for Podcasting
Before you invest your hard-earned cash in a podcasting microphone, consider these key features when making your purchase:
a. Sound Capability
Sound capability in a podcast microphone is the key feature – It should pick up sound from all directions. Look out for host speaker mic types between cardioid microphones if you’re the sole speaker. This device picks up your audio, blocking out excess background noise.
For interview podcasts with regular Q&A sessions, go for an Omni-directional or a bi-directional microphone as it picks up sound from several people at once.
Choose the design suitable for your recording environment. Some microphones have soundproof inbuilt pop filters to get rid of any external noise and give your listeners a pleasant experience. Other microphones have a rotating arm to allow you to move about freely between your speeches, or perhaps pass on the mic to your team members for their contributions if you’ve got several panelists on your podcast.
Check for durability in your audio creation tools before investing. Go for high-quality mics that will stand the test of time, even absorb shock or drop damage if it ever happens.
d. Microphone Impedance
A decent podcast mic should capture sound signals, quality AC currents, and ratings ranging from 600 Ohms. Higher ratings can pick up too many external signals, so go for the recommended ratings for the perfect sound check.
It’s hard to dictate or recommend podcast mic prices to our readers, but you have to work on a budget from your end. The price range varies with quality, audience, and portability.
Without further ado let’s dive in for the Ten Best Podcasting Microphones.
Reviews of 10 Top Rated Microphone for Podcasts
1. Rode Procaster Dynamic Microphone
Rode Procaster (Procaster)
- dynamic microphone with xlr connection
- cardioid polar pattern
- low self noise
The Rode Procaster mic resembles a traditional microphone. This mic delivers exceptional voice recording with a high output capsule, including internal pop-filters.
- 10-year warranty
- Built-in pop filter for noise reduction
- High-level sound quality
- Balance low-impedance output
- Internal shock mounting
- Metallic durable assembly
- USB or XLR: Designed for XLR
2. Blue Yeti USB Condenser Microphone
Blue Yeti USB Microphone ( Effects, 4 Pickup Patterns, Plug And Play – Silver)
- custom three-capsule array: produces clear, powerful, broadcast-quality sound for youtube, game streaming, podcasting, zoom calls and music.
- blue voice software: craft the perfect broadcast vocal sound and entertain your audience with enhanced effects, advanced modulation and hd audio samples. advanced blue voice is compatible with yeti, yeti nano and yeti x. to access blue voice, please download logitech’s free g hub software.
- four pickup patterns: flexible cardioid, omni, bidirectional, and stereo pickup patterns allow you to record in ways that would normally require multiple mics.
- onboard audio controls: headphone volume, pattern selection, instant mute, and mic gain put you in charge of every level of the recording and streaming process.
- plug 'n play on mac and pc: instantly start recording and streaming on mac or pc.
The Blue Yeti USB condenser is the best microphone for beginners in the podcast industry. These mics are easy to use and can deliver high-quality features, like on-board audio controls and multiple pickup patterns. They’re also adjustable with four pickup pattern options.
- Four pickup patterns; stereo, cardioid, Omni, and bi-directional
- Broadcast-quality sound
- Boom arm and shock mount accessories available
- 3 in one condenser capsules
- Mute access
- Headphone and amp output
- Plug and play use options
- Multiple color choices
- On-board audio controls
- Flexible positioning with a pivoting design
- USB or XLR
3. Blue Snowball Ice Condenser
Blue Snowball ICE USB ( Desktop Stand And USB Cable, Plug 'n Play – Off White)
- custom condenser capsule: powered by blue’s custom condenser capsule, snowball ice microphone delivers crystal-clear audio quality that’s light-years ahead of your built-in computer microphone
- cardioid pickup pattern: captures your voice with clear, focused sound for streaming, podcasting, broadcasting, skype calls and zoom meetings
- stylish retro design: record or stream in style with a classic recording equipment design that looks great on your desktop and on camera
- adjustable desktop stand: allows you to position the condenser microphone in relation to the sound source, improving sound quality and saving space on your desktop for the optimal broadcast setup
- skype and discord certified: whether conducting interviews over skype, streaming live gameplay on twitch, or communicating across the globe, you’ll be heard loud and clear on leading voip platforms
The Fantastic Snowball Ice is a great podcast mic for beginners. Has a USB plug and play feature with a flexible stand. Easy to set up and produces pristine audio for its price. Ideal for solo podcasters, it’s stylish with built-in Skype app for video conferencing too.
- Integrations with available software
- Adjustable tripod
- Crystal clear audio
- Flexible USB plug and play
- Ideal for music recording including instruments
- Custom condenser capsule
- Unique retro design
- USB or XLR for beginners
4. HEiL Sound PR-40
Heil PR 40 Dynamic ( Sound, Superior Rear Noise Rejection - Champagne)
- one mic for every application - professional podcasters, studio engineers, youtube streamers, and musicians trust the pr 40 because it delivers high-quality sound in any environment.
- podcast - the pr 40 naturally captures the human voice and provides studio-quality sound in any environment. this dynamic microphone eliminates the need for external preamps and extra processing that condenser mics require.
- streaming - delivering professional-quality sound and featuring a sleek appearance, the pr 40 is built to enhance your youtube streaming product.
- studio voice and live sound - whether you’re in the studio or on the road, the pr 40 delivers accurate, wide-range sound reinforcement and condenser-quality sound while eliminating ambient noise and bleed.
- xlr connection and cardioid pattern - the pr 40’s 3-pin xlr connection provides high-quality audio, and its cardioid pattern eliminates sound from unwanted sources.
HEiL Sound offers excellent quality and exceptional audio. It has an extensive frequency range, from 28 Hz to 18 kHz. It’s durable, with top-performance audio created for versatility and consistency. The magnet metals built-in matte steel body gives it a professional look.
- Vibrant design
- 28 Hz to 18 KHz audio rate
- 180 degree rear rejection
- 13.5 Oz weight
- Cardioid recording pattern
- 600 Ohms balanced
- Shock diaphragm
- High-quality custom metallic construction
- Internal pop filter to reduce breathing sound
- USB or XLR: 3 pin XLR
5. Samson C01U Pro USB
Samson 29C01UPRO USB Microphone ( Microphone, Silver)
- professional usb studio condenser microphone brings pro-quality audio to digital recordings
- simple plug and play operation with mac os and windows, no driver downloads required
- 1/8” headphone output with zero-latency monitoring
- supercardioid pickup pattern provides excellent coverage of sound sources in front of the microphone, while rejecting unwanted noise from the side and rear
- smooth, flat frequency response of 20hz-18khz
Delivers quality audio and has multiple recording functions. It’s ideal for recording podcasts, music, and videos. It has a tripod stand for recording several people. It’s adaptable with iPhones and iPads.
- Includes USB plug and play design
- Comes with a swivel mount and Desktop mic stand
- Shock protector sensors for noise reduction
- Quality audio sound
- Large 19mm diaphragm
- High-frequency output
- Headphones, amps and smartphones output
- USB or XLR plug-and-play design
6. Shure Beta 57A Super-Cardioid
Shure BETA 57A Instrument ( Neodymium Element, Durable Steel Mesh Grille And Shock Mount)
- tailored frequency response provides drums, guitars, vocals, and horns with studio quality sound
- uniform supercardioid pattern for high gain-before-feedback and superior rejection of off–axis sound
- hardened steel mesh grille that facilitates use of proximity effect and resists wear and abuse
- neodymium magnet for high signal–to–noise ratio output
- minimally affected by varying load impedance
The Shure BETA 57A mic has tailored frequency settings for vocals, drums, guitars, and audio recording. The cardioid pickup pattern provides a high-grade audio ideal for solo podcast recording. The lightweight design can also be used to record interviews.
- Wireless connectivity
- Personalized frequency response
- Uniform cardioid pattern
- Tough steel mesh grille
- 50 Hz to 16,000 Hz frequency
- Great for warm vocals
- Amp output
- USB or XLR: XLR connections
7. MXL 990 Condenser Microphone
MXL 990 Industries Most ( Large-Diaphragm Condenser Microphone)
- fet based design with transformer balanced output for a variety of applications.
- vintage body style with champagne finish.
- includes custom shock mount, mic stand adapter & carrying case.
- provides silky sweet high end and retains tight, solid low and midrange reproduction
- power requirements: phantom power 48v (+- 4v)
The MXL 990 is the most preferred mic by professional podcasters in the industry. It has high-quality vocals with a custom shock mount, to keep out excess noise. It comes with a carry case and a mic stand adapter. MXL 990 is ideal for anyone with interest in podcasting; it has a 30HZ to 20KHZ frequency range.
- Attractive vintage design
- FET preamp with a balanced output
- Fantastic frequency range
- Custom shock mount and mic stand included
- 6-micron diaphragm
- SPL sensitivity of 130db
- Pressure condenser microphone
- USB or XLR
8. Tonor Q9 Professional USB
TONOR USB Gmaing Microphone ( Content Creation, Singing With Adjustable Arm Stand Q9)
- excellent sound quality: with a large 16mm sensitive diaphragm and 20hz-20khz wide frequency range, q9 is capable of capturing every detail of your voice and records high-quality sound. adopting a cardioid polar pattern, q9 can effectively eliminate background noise. equipped with a metal shock mount and pop filter, q9 prevents the impact of accidental factors on the recording as far as possible. everything is to pursue the perfect sound quality in an imperfect environment.
- empower your channel: whether you are a beginner at content creation, a gamer tired of the headset mic’s ordinary sound quality, or a streamer expecting a better audio-visual experience for the audience, q9 can meet all your needs. it eliminates both mechanical noise and breathiness to deliver clear and crystal sound to your teammates/audience. what is certain is that nothing technical can limit your performance, whether when gaming or recording.
- plug and play: ideal for starter podcasters, gamers, or youtubers. all you have to do is plug the cable into your mic, and slide the other one into your mac or windows computer. after that, q9 will be recognized immediately with no additional driver or device required, applicable to mainstream software such as obs/discord/teamspeak/zoom. note: compatible with ps4/5, but not with xbox!!!
- user-friendly design: the external volume buttons allow you to instantly adjust the volume or turn off the mic when needed. save the trouble of computer operations, and enjoy a smoother recording/game experience. in the working state, a short press adjusts the volume, and a long press turns off the microphone.
- valuable starter kit: no need to invest the mic accessories. besides the condenser microphone, the q9 set has an adjustable boom arm, metal shock mount, desk mount clamp, pop filter, foam mic cover, 1.8m usb a to b cable, and manual. let tonor q9 be your help in starting the game live streaming or content creation career.
Tonor Q9 Professional USB microphone is plug-and-play with a fast USB connection. This mic is compatible with Windows, PS4, and Mac computers. Tonor Q9 offers an exceptional frequency response with an extended range of 20Hz to 20 kHz for better clarity.
- Plug and play USB
- Frequency range 20 Hz to 20Khz
- Excellent sound
- Durable stand and with scissor arm stand
- Desk and shock mount included
- Pop filter – eliminates background noise
- USB or XLR connectivity
9. HyperX QuadCast Podcast
HyperX QuadCast USB ( Control, Podcasts, Twitch, YouTube, Discord, Red LED)
- radiant red lighting with dynamic effects: stunning red lighting and dynamic effects for an eye-catching shot of customizable style.
- built-in anti-vibration shock mount: isolate the mic and suppress the sound of unintentional rumbles and bumps with the elastic rope suspension.
- tap-to-mute sensor with led status indicator: use the convenient tap-to-mute functionality to prevent an audio accident along with the help of the led mic status indicator. if the light is on, the mic is active, if the light is off, the mic is muted.
- four selectable polar patterns: choose between four polar patterns (stereo, omnidirectional, cardioid, bidirectional) to optimize your broadcast setup and keep the focus on the sounds you want to be heard.
- gain control adjustment: easily adjust your mic sensitivity by turning the dial at the bottom of the quadcast.
HyperX QuadCast microphone comes with an anti-vibration shock mount and an internal pop filter for top audio quality control. The LED indicator light checks your microphone status with a tap to mute feature. For quality control, this mic comes with a headphone jack for low-latency feedback.
- Internal filters
- Anti-vibration shock mount
- Tap to mute sensor
- LED mute with indicators
- Gain control adjustments
- Built-in headphone jack
- Mount adapter
- Four polar patterns
- USB or XLR
10. Samson Go Portable USB Microphone
Samson SAGOMIC Go Mic ( Condenser Microphone,White)
- portable usb condenser microphone
- plug and play mac and pc compatible, no drivers required
- custom compact design that clips to a laptop or sits on a desk
- perfect for recording music, podcasting and field recording
- ideal for voice recognition software, ichat, voip and web casting
For traveling podcasters, this is one of the best portable clip-on microphones. The Samson Go offers a high-level condenser microphone, unlike the other podcast mics. It also has recording features that work just fine with a simple audio system. The condenser transducer has a pressure gradient ideal for field recording.
- Custom compact portability
- Carry pouch and clip
- USB plug and play
- Condenser style microphone
- 20 Hz to 18 kHz range
- Zero-latency headphone output
- Flexible cardioid pickup
- USB or XLR plug and play requires no drivers
Invest in a high-quality podcasting mic is a sure way to create professional recordings. Low-quality videos can slow down your client reach, but a right podcast mic could inspire your audience to listen to all your audio podcasts.
Buying the right podcast mic means spending extra money and time; it ensures that you’re delivering quality sound that effectively sells your brand.
Talk to us if you need help with finding the ideal podcast microphone for your brand.
Frequently Asked Questions
For first time podcast mic users, we recommend the Blue Snowball Ice Condenser for the USB plug and play feature with a flexible stand. It’s super easy to set up and produces pristine audio.