A logo is a vital part of any company, as it helps your business make a mark on the customers’ minds. At the same time, it can give your potential clients an idea of the nature of your business. With its many benefits, a good logo proves to be one of the best branding investments for any enterprise.
If you want to save money – and create a memorable logo along the way – then you should consider an online logo creator and designer software. As the name suggests, it can help you make your company logo in just a few clicks. Since you don’t need to hire a professional, you get to save on a great deal of money with this program.
How to Select the Best Online Logo Creator and Designer Software
If you are thinking of creating a logo for your new business – or just wish to update your old one – then here are the factors that you need to consider when choosing an online logo design software.
1. Ease of use
If you have no idea about creating a logo, then you should obviously pick a program that’s very easy to use. Fortunately, most online platforms only need you to click this and that to create a logo. Some programs also allow you to edit the logo afterward, should you need to make tweaks here and there.
Again, if you don’t know squat about logo creation, then it’s best to go for a program that features numerous templates. These templates are usually made by designers, so they are already aesthetically pleasing to look at. All you just need to do is add your business name and change the color, font size and design as needed. Indeed, it doesn’t get any easier when you work with a template.
3. Customizability of Logos
While it’s good to choose from several templates, you still want to make your logo completely your own. For you to do that, you need to choose an online logo designer that allows you to customize your design as you deem fit.
Remember, logos usher brand recognition, so you want to create something that sets you apart. A program that allows easy logo customization will save you the headache of having a design that’s eerily similar to others.
A good online logo creator should provide you full ownership of your purchased logo. You wouldn’t want to have copyright issues with a logo that you personally created. However, you need to be prepared to shell some bucks if you want exclusive rights to the image.
Most business owners opt for online logo creators because of budget issues. If you are one of these people, then pricing may be your top concern. However, you shouldn’t compromise quality with cost. Make sure to weigh each product’s pros and cons to get the best bang for your buck. With that being said, you should choose a platform that helps you create a good logo – without depleting your budget.
1. Hatchful by Shopify
Hatchful by Shopify is a software that can help you create a stunning, high-resolution logo in just a matter of seconds. Since it is made for entrepreneurs on the go, you need not be a design expert to successfully use this program.
With its endless design possibilities, you can build a unique brand. After all, Hatchful allows you to use templates, icons, and color combinations that you can customize to your heart’s content.
As your personal graphic designer, Hatchful enables you to save time and money with its easy-to-use design studio and fully-loaded branding packages.
- Hatchful is free of charge.
- However, you need to pay $9.99+ for paid designs.
- Simple and easy to use.
- A free account comes with social media assets.
- Logos only come in the PNG format.
- You will be met with a limited number of templates and customization tools.
2. Designhill Logo Maker
The program claims to be the world’s number one logo maker. After all, it makes use of AI to help you create a stunning logo in as short as 5 minutes. With its 100+ templates, it has helped more than one million clients create more than 1.8 million logos. According to the website, its outputs have generated a customer satisfaction rate of 98%.
The Designhill logo maker is very easy to use. All you need to do is follow these 3 steps:
- Work on a logo inspiration. Play with your company logo by using certain styles, colors, and icons.
- Customize your logo. You can modify the font size, spacing, and anything else you deem fit.
- Download the logo. You can get a PNG form as well as other vector files of your logo.
Designhill offers 3 one-time payment plans.
- The cheapest is Basic at $20, where you expectedly get a basic resolution file.
- For higher-resolution designs, you can opt for the Premium plan ($65) or the Enterprise plan ($150).
- It comes with a favorite (heart button) option so you can easily access your well-loved designs.
- You don’t have to worry about wasting money as you only need to buy a logo that you like.
No refunds are given for downloaded logos, so make sure that you’re happy with your design before you pay for it.
3. Canva Logo Maker
Canva is a program that helps you create a custom brand logo in just a few minutes. This platform makes this possible through its AI-generated custom logos, professionally-designed logo templates, font combinations, and access to millions of images and illustrations.
Canva also comes with a collaboration feature, so you can share your logo design with other stakeholders easily. You can ask your employees to make edits as necessary.
With its Design School, you can learn more about logo color tricks, basic color theory, and branding, to name a few. That way, you can create an impressive logo – even without the help of a professional.
- Canva offers a free plan that is perfect for individuals and small groups working on quick projects.
- The Pro plan, which costs $9.95 monthly, is ideal for logo makers who prefer more customization.
- The Enterprise plan, on the other hand, costs $30 per user per month.
This top-tier plan comes with better brand and collaboration control.
- Free plans come with pre-made templates.
- User-friendly interface.
Packages can be quite expensive as you need to pay the cost every month.
4. Tailor Brands
Tailor Brands is all about simplifying the act of designing logos. This program can help you create a stunning logo that represents your brand in just a few clicks.
Its branding tools are powered by the latest technology, thereby giving you a good logo designing experience. This is specifically advisable for newbies or non-techies, as you can craft an amazing logo without paying a steep price.
Should you decide to use Tailor Brands, you only need to accomplish these 3 steps:
- Share your vision. Type in your company name and get started with choosing a logo design. The algorithm will even make suggestions on the best fonts, colors, and icons to use.
- Choose your logo. It’s time for you to pick the best logo design from the bunch.
- Download your file. You can download your logo as a PNG file or as a vector file.
Tailor Brands offer 3 pricing plans.
- The first is Basic, which for $4 a month, allows you to create a high-resolution logo file.
- The next is Standard, which, at $6 a month, is ideal for businesses who wish to have more than just logos.
- The most expensive plan is Premium, which comes with social media tools at $13 a month.
- The program is surprisingly easy to use.
- Offers good value for money.
- It may take you some time to get used to the program’s editing feature.
- Tailor Brands sadly lacks phone support.
5. Graphic Springs
Graphic Springs offers a do-it-yourself branding solution. With its intuitive tools, you can create a brand logo – as well as other assets – in just a few minutes tops.
To use Graphic Springs, you first need to choose from a wide variety of vector format logo templates, which are categorized by industry. Afterward, you can start editing the text and graphics of your logo as you deem fit. Once you have completed your logo, you can download it right away.
Graphic Springs offers 4 types of plans for its prospective customers.
Prices, which reflect on the payment page, range from $19.99 to $199.99.
- Intuitive, easy to use interface.
- You have unrestricted access as it permits an unlimited number of downloads.
You have limited customization options, and this may lead to a not-so-unique logo.
Squarespace logo maker is all about ‘logos (that are) made simple’. To start, all you need to do is enter your company’s name on the website’s business card image. You can immediately see how your logo would look like on a website, shirt, or business card.
This program is free of charge for Squarespace subscribers. If you don’t have an account, fret not as you can download your logo for $10.
- Easy to use.
- Logos can be easily integrated into Squarespace websites.
- Icon placement tends to change after download.
- Lack of scalable formats (SVG or EPS) for created logos.
7. Logo Genie
Designing a perfect logo in just a few minutes – that’s what Logo Genie is all about. With its thousands of templates, you can easily create a logo for your business cards, website, and whatnot.
You can’t rub the Logo Genie to come up with 3 wishes, but you can always use the program by following these 3 steps:
- Choose a logo from a wide range of options. All these are specially designed by expert graphic professionals.
- Customize your logo. You can change the fonts, colors, and designs as you deem necessary.
- Download your logo in a variety of formats, including PNG, JPG, SVG, and PDF.
The Logo Genie starter pack costs $24.90. Add-on social media network formats, black and white forms, and unlimited modifications cost $6 a pop. You also need to pay $12 for an add-on vector format and a whopping $120 for the exclusive logo option.
- User-friendly program.
- Excellent customer service.
- Limited graphic selections.
- Exclusive rights come with a high fee.
8. Logo Garden
If you want a logo design in minutes – not days – then Logo Garden is the perfect platform for you. After all, this program has helped generate more than two million logos for eager customers and business owners.
Logo Garden prides itself to be ‘rooted in design’. That’s because the program was developed by professional graphic designers who have years of logo experience under their belts.
Creating a logo with Logo Garden is very easy. All you need to do is:
- Browse from thousands of options categorized by industry.
- Use the Pick N Click tools to change the colors and fonts until you are 100% happy with your work.
- Save and download your work as Hi-Res or Vector Graphics. Remember, you are free to edit this through Logo Garden anytime.
Though you are free to use Logo Garden without paying for anything, you can still opt for paid plans that start at $39.
- Easy to use interface.
- Friendly customer support. While UCraft is very easy to learn, you can easily contact customer service for tutorials, queries, and whatnot.
Offers limited to stock designs.
UCraft is an online logo maker that is free of charge. Here, you can create high-quality professional logos in a matter of clicks.
To create a logo using UCraft, you only need to do the following:
- Pick a unique icon. You can choose from over 2 million styles!
- Customize your design. You can work with different colors, icons, texts, and images to embellish your logo.
- Download your logo. You can get your finished product in SVG or PNG formats.
As mentioned, UCraft offers free services. Although this is the case, you still have the option to go for paid plans.
- The Pro Website and Pro Shop packages cost $10 and $21 a month respectively.
- The unlimited plan, on the other hand, costs $69.
All of Ucraft’s paid plans come with free trial periods.
- Time-saving. UCraft comes with a drag and drop feature that allows you to make memorable logos easily.
- High-resolution outputs. Compared to other services, Ucraft helps you create high-res logos without the added fees.
It comes with limited options, which may hamper your ability to customize logos well.
10. Design Iconic
Design Iconic is a program that helps you create a logo in a matter of minutes. Given its expertise over multiple industries, it helps provide logos that match each company’s branding strategy. Whether you dabble with agriculture, gaming, or real estate, Design Iconic can help you create a befitting logo.
Using Design Iconic is a little like child’s play, as you only need to do these 3 things:
- Let your creative juices flow with the program’s easy-to-use logo maker.
- You only need to pay for a logo that you like.
- Download the logo that best represents your brand.
Design Iconic offers affordable logo packages.
- The cheapest one is the $5 Basic plan, which enables you to create a normal resolution logo with full ownership. It also comes with options such as free greyscale formatting and design consultancy, to name a few.
- The Premium plan, on the other hand, costs $10.
Here, you can create a high-resolution logo with resizable vector SVG files.
- You can try Design Iconic for free.
- The program enables you to conduct unlimited revisions to create high-quality logos.
Once you have downloaded a logo and decide to re-edit it, you are going to be met some restrictions – unless you pay your way out of it.
Frequently Asked Questions
Depending on the platform you use, you can get a logo in any of the following formats:
Short for Portable Network Graphics, this pertains to a file format that supports lossless data compression. As such, this is perfect for iconic graphics, text, and drawings that bear a small file size. Since it makes use of better image compression, PNG offers smaller files that download more quickly.
Short for Joint Photographic Experts Group, a JPEG image is a commonly used format on the web. Due to its compressibility, it maintains good image quality even when you view the graphic from a laptop or mobile phone. Since you can compress a JPEG image to about 5% of its normal size, it’s best for transferring images over the web.
An acronym of scalable vector graphics, this format is used in many web graphics. Since it is scalable, it retains its quality no matter what screen size or resolution you have. It also comes in a smaller size, which means it loads faster on websites. As a bonus, SVG files can be edited both graphically and through text.
Otherwise known as Encapsulated Postscript, EPS is a format that is used in transferring files through different applications. Despite its small size, EPS images are of high quality. However, you can only limit this file to a certain extent.
This Portable Document Format presents text, images, or graphics as if they were printed. It is well known for its graphic integrity, as you get the same quality no matter where you view it. It is also multi-dimensional, secure, and compact, making it a good format option for most users.
The best size depends on where you want to use the logo.
Generally speaking, most logos for websites for e-mails only take a maximum height of 100 pixels. According to experts, a PNG file of less than 200KB is best because it remains sharpness and details – without delaying load time. A PNG logo also allows for a transparent background, so you can use it on most websites, social media accounts, etc.
Apart from picking a PNG file with the appropriate size, you can also go for vector files because they can be resized easily. This is good if you need to blow up your logos for tarpaulins and posters.
With a high-resolution logo, you can crop the design without losing image quality. It captures the smallest of details, so you are alerted to any flaws. You can also increase the sharpness of a high-resolution logo, so you can make necessary edits to perfect the design.
With an exclusive logo, you have the right of ownership of the design. Once you buy this logo, it will no longer be used or sold on the online logo creator software website. As such, you can use it every which way you please.
Due to ownership, exclusive logos are usually expensive. While it may be costly for a small business, it is original – there is nothing that is like it.
A non-exclusive logo, on the other hand, is something that has been sold or used before. Having this means that the colors or some elements are tweaked so that it is not similar to other ‘related’ logos. This costs cheaper because the online logo designer platform has the right to rework the design as necessary.
With the help of this software, you can give your company a great first impression.
A logo also gives your business a brand and memorable identity. Because it makes you stand out, a logo can greatly help with your marketing strategies.
An online logo design software allows you to create a business logo with relative ease. With the many options out there, you should always consider ease of use, the number of templates, logo customizability, ownership, and cost when picking one.
In this list, you can see the 10 Best Online Logo Creator Programs – each with its features, prices, as well as its own pros and cons.
Using an online logo creator offers many benefits to your business. Apart from enabling you to create an impressionable logo, you also don’t have to spend much, unless you want to get the full features of the program.