BigCommerce is a web-based online payment method for consumers who prefer shopping via mobile devices. Nearly 45 % of mobile users prefer to shop online for ease of use and accessibility. And that’s why BigCommerce was developed to ease online shopping with payments directly from your phone.
Their checkout process is unique, making it one of the most preferred apps for online transactions.
However, BigCommerce charges some features compared to competitor apps that offer them for free.
Who is Big Commerce for?
The retail industry is especially suited to BigCommerce since it makes online transactions a walk in the park. Because it’s a web-based app, you’re not limited to any physical space as your clients can pay virtually from the comfort of their homes/office.
- Pre-Integrated payment options
- Customizable Design Themes
- Side by side product comparison
- Single-page checkout
- e-commerce analytics
- Facilitates marketing and conversion tools
- Drop shopping management
- Handles eBay and Amazon integration
- Live chat feature – Most clients prefer live chats as opposed to phone calls
- This software displays both desktop and mobile solutions
- Has a reliable Payment and Inventory Management system for ease of transactions
- BigCommerce facilitates ease of integration with third-party applications, eliminating the rigidity compared to similar software like Google Sheets, Hub spot, Gmail, and Facebook
- Plug-Ins available for an enhanced experience
Most businesses start small and grow with time. And BigCommerce is a great place to grow your business as you take online payments with them. As the leading software, BigCommerce is highly scalable, making it one of the most appealing features. Your online business has the potential to grow and evolve since expenses such as hosting fees and licensing do not apply here; making it a great cost-effective strategy.
Benefits of BigCommerce
- Manage your transactions and customers like a pro.
- BigCommerce offers an intuitive interface for managing goods, orders, and revenues.
- Offers advanced filtering options for your customers based on brands, pricing, categories, and reviews.
- Handling bulk orders from multiple clients is convenient with BigCommerce. The flexible platform allows you to categorize your customers into different scalable clusters based on pricing, advertisings, product access, and tailor your store info to the customer groups.
- BigCommerce is SEO-ready – You can optimize your store to meet the evolving search engine algorithms to upgrade your eCommerce growth. BigCommerce follows SEO trend practices daily. You can also add your researched keywords manually in the SEO section.
- Hoards of mobile-friendly templates and themes.
- 24/7 Customer Support.
Big Commerce has three primary Pricing Plans, namely:
- The BigCommerce STANDARD Plan at $29.95 per month
- The BigCommerce PLUS Plan at $79.95 per month
- The BigCommerce PRO Plan at $229.95 per month
The PRO plan is the most features which include but not limited to:
- A branded online store
- A responsive Website
- Product Filtering
- Price Lists
- Unlimited API Calls
Several PRO features are disabled for The PLUS plan. The Standard Plan has the least available features. For larger businesses that have a specific need, Big Commerce ENTERPRISE Plans are available on request. Prices vary with your customized requirements.
The best plan is the 15-day FREE TRIAL, which enables you to test the waters before signing up.
You will not incur any transaction fees for any of the payment plans.
BigCommerce has efficient customer service support teams in the industry. They got representatives on call 24/7 in case you have any issues with your buying experience. Here’s why online shoppers prefer BigCommerce to any other online payment providers:
- Dedicated professional customer support team.
- Shorter wait times.
- Express routing for business customers.
- 24/7 access to online support via live chat.
- Ongoing training/coaching and instructional support for entrepreneurs and start-ups.
- Big Commerce is keen on supporting you to ensure that you have the optimum experience with their software.
BigCommerce Pros and Cons
- Great customer support that is both engaging and responsive
- Highly professional support staff
- Ease of set up supported by lots of training info as well as a free demo
- Plug incapacity
- User-friendly interface
- Flexible payment plans to meet every pocket and need
- Free templates to get you started right away
- A great selection of shipping options for your customers
- A reliable inventory system
- Great aesthetics
- The convenient and responsive search function
- Multilayers security for optimum safety
- Unlimited variant addition for products
- High SEO capability
- Offer high scalability, allowing your store to grow as your business expands.
- Zero transaction fees for all the plans
- Availability of conversation and Marketing tools
- Solutions for Point of Sale (POS)
- Provision for dashboard for product listing management as well as social media
- 15-day free trial period
- Restrictive editing
- There is a limitation on ‘online sales per,’ which automatically upgrades you to a higher plan once you hit a certain sales threshold, increasing your operating costs
- The software is restrictive in languages; hence if you need to create a store for a non-English speaking market, you may need to incur coding costs if you do not have those skills
- Limited free themes (7)
- Paid themes come at a pricy cost ranging from $145 and $235 each
Retailing online with BigCommerce doesn’t come short of challenges on a bad day, but it’s pretty easy for first time users. You can have multiple sales channels with BigCommerce. If you’re just starting out, leverage with successful apps such as eBay, Google Shopping, and Amazon, among other platforms to market your products online. The platform also integrates with a number of established payment gateways such as PayPal, and AmazonPay.
While most software of the same range struggle on mobile phones, BigCommerce comes in handy quite easily from any internet-enabled location. Coupled with an excellent customer care service, flexible payments plan, and the provision of great aesthetics for the most beautiful store, your business growth is no doubt guaranteed.