GourmetOrigins.com – The Marketplace for Unique Foods
A site to discover Europe’s best foods and get them directly from their producers.
Target Audience: Foodies
Website URL: https://gourmetorigins.com
- Visit https://gourmetorigins.com. Spend no more than 5-10 seconds on the home page. What do you think the site is about?
- Now go back to the site and comment on various elements of the site.
- What do you find bothersome? What do you like?
- Do you find something missing when it comes to product or producer info?
- Would you purchase something on the site? If not, why?
- How do you think the site compares to other gourmet food sites and marketplaces?
- Please share any additional feedback/comments you may have.
GourmetOrigins.com is an online marketplace that helps foodies discover artisan and high quality foods and order them directly from their producers.
On our site you can get unique products that are very difficult to find in conventional distribution channels, while small independent producers have a platform to reach potential customers and develop their online presence in an efficient and convenient way, with no fixed costs.
Whenever there is an order we take care of processing the payment and organize the productsâ€™ pick up and delivery, as they are shipped directly from the producerâ€™s facilities. At the end of each month we transfer the money accrued from the transactions to the producerâ€™s account while keeping a commission. We aim to make the whole process hassle-free for the producers, so that they can focus on their core activities and continue delighting us with great foods.
We are also adding new features that would help people learn and understand the uniqueness of each product, its story and its origins, contributing this way to the consumer experience and the preservation of Europeâ€™s food heritage. We have launched in the UK and Spain but plan to roll out the service in other European countries soon.