The internet industry uses high energy to power its servers. GreenGeeks provides web hosting services with a difference. Its data centers claim to use a paltry 2% of carbon emissions for their servers; however, this might rise to 14% by 2040.
GreenGeeks care a great deal about environmental pollution and endeavors to solve this problem as a tech company. The Company has partnered with Bonneville Environmental Foundation (BEF) to calculate its energy consumption and carbon trail. They then purchase sufficient RECs to cover up for the Company’s excessive energy consumption.
To this end, GreenGeeks enjoy an A+ rating as a top-rated hosting service company with the Better Business Bureau.
This review shall reveal all the technical details you need to learn about this Webhosting Company, plus its best features, pricing, and customer support services.
So here we go.
The hosting Company provides a variety of web-related services to its clientele, including:
- WordPress hosting
- Managed VPS hosting
- Shared web hosting
- Reseller hosting
1. WordPress Hosting
WordPress works exclusively for users on the hosting platform, and it offers fast, reliable and seamless integration, among other crucial features.
WordPress hosting starts at $2.49 for basic plans. The plan allows you to host only one website, with 50GB of internal storage space, 50 email accounts, unmetered data transfer, and average performance. The Premium hosting plan offers unlimited access with a free dedicated IP.
2. Managed VPS Hosting
GreenGeeks offers managed VPS hosting, which is costlier than WordPress or shared hosting services. GreenGeeks hosting offers a shared server with other websites but at faster speed and better performance, plus many other benefits to enhance your user experience.
Prices for GreenGeeks managed hosting start from $39.95 per month. The price includes web management services, added features such as 24/7 monitoring, Intel Xeon processors, DDoS protection and advanced operating systems for optimum user experience. You can pick up server locations between Canada, the United States and Europe.
3. Shared Web Hosting
GreenGeeks shared hosting is the most preferred and affordable services when compared to the rest. It’s the perfect choice for blogs and small websites that don’t fetch a lot of traffic. This service offers “shared” resources with other sites on the same server. The downside of using shared services is when the traffic of a particular site increases; it affects the other websites performance, slowing down the users’ browsing experience.
4. Reseller Web Hosting
Reseller hosting provides outsourced hosting services to website owners who may want to provide extra services to their clients. It’s a good option for businesses or companies looking to grow their trade-in web technology services.
Reseller hosting allows web hosting businesses to earn recurrent revenue by providing account and billing management automation. Also, you get assured cybersecurity developer tools and many other web solution perks to keep your hosting services running smoothly.
5. GreenGeeks Pricing
GreenGeeks provides all the essential services such as unmetered data, SSD webspace, free drag-and-drop features, free email accounts, and unlimited MySQL databases, etc.
They also provide numerous eCommerce features, like free premium SSL certificates and shopping cart installation. Moreover, each of their paid plans offers reliable security, excellent performance, security, and supportive customer service.
GreenGeeks’ prices depend on the 4 different hosting services, which include:
Managed VPS hosting
- 8GB – $109.95 /month
- 4 GB – $59.95 /month
- 2GB – $39.95 /month
Shared web hosting
- Lite – $2.49 /month
- Pro – $4.95 /month
- Premium – $8.95 /month
- Lite – $2.49 / month
- Pro – $4.95 / month
- Premium – $8.95 / month
- RH-25 – $19.95 /month
- RH-50 – $24.95 /month
- RH-80 – $34.95 /month
Managed VPS hosting is the most sought after hosting plan. It comes with excellent features such as ample disk space, dedicated IP, proactive monitoring, advanced security, multiple cPanel accounts, and so much more.
GreenGeeks Pros and Cons
1. GreenGeeks believes in working with environmentally friendly tools to prevent air pollution. The hosting Company consciously works with like-minded Companies and campaigns for other web hosting companies to go green to reduce their carbon trail. GreenGeeks is an EPA Green Power Partner, the most ecological hosting provider in the world.
2. GreenGeeks invests in the latest speed technologies for faster performance and better conversion rates for website owners. Reliable speed tools used by GreenGeeks include:
- Fast Servers
- SSD Hard Drives
- Built-in Caching
- CloudFlare CDN Services
- HTTP/2 improves communication and loads faster
- PHP 7 support
3. Web hosting requires speed and security. To this end, GreenGeeks has dramatically invested in power-efficient servers with a record 300% clean reusable energy. And you can choose between their spread-out data centers in Toronto (CA), Montreal (CA), Amsterdam (NL), Chicago (US), and Phoenix (the US.
4. Security and Uptime – GreenGeeks offers solid security and uptime with features like hardware & power redundancy, security scanning, container-based technology, and so much more.
5. Service Assurance and Customer Support – GreenGeeks offers awesome features like guaranteed uptime, 30 days money-back security, 24/7 email tech support, live chat and phone support.
6. All hosting plans come with many eCommerce features like shopping carts, which you can install using the one-click setup software.
7. Exclusive free website builder. Pick ready to go templates, themes, SEO optimization and an all-rounded customer support team to help you navigate your site with ease.
1. Deceptive Prices – the cheap prices come at a considerable cost. For instance, the $2.95 per month hosting should be paid three years in advance, and one year’s service goes for $5.95 per month. The standard monthly price for GreenGeeks hosting goes for $9.95 per month.
2. Refunds exclude Setup and Domain Fees.
GreenGeeks’ main goal is to reduce environmental toxic waste by providing reusable server energies. The Company encourages its clients to go green to reduce air pollution impact and even give some resources to ensure their agenda is achieved. In general, GreenGeeks offers secure website hosting plans to all types of businesses.