Pikimal is a decision engine that allows users to search for products or topics, then compare, review and filter results in a certain product or choice category.
Target Audience: Everyone
Website URL: https://pikimal.com
- Spending less than 2 minutes on the main page, do you understand what the site is about?
- Do you understand what a “Piki” is?
- Do you understand how to use the sliders?
- What do you think makes Pikimal different than other comparison sites?
- What do you think of the site layout in general?
- Please share additional feedback/comments/usability issues.
Unlike search engines, Pikimal mines data to provide users with only the facts pertaining to their search, as a hopeful solution to SEO and marketing biased search results. As of April 2011, Pikimal has 13 full-time employees in Pittsburgh, PA, and various contractors around the world.
Pikimal allows users to adjust sliders to express what facts of a product are particularly important to them. These percentages are combined with an algorithm to provide users with product recommendations that are rooted directly in facts, but only the facts they find most relevant.
Ultimately, this allows the service to combine user data to create templates for popular searches, suggesting things like â€œThe Best Digital Cameras for Momsâ€ or â€œThe Best Cars for Snowâ€, but the lists, considering their basis in fact, are free of marketing, SEO or bias.