10 Awards + 3 Bonus. No Awards Remaining.
Simplicity Sofas develops proprietary products to service undiscovered market niches.
Target Audience: Men and women ages 35-70. Homeowners of older houses with narrow doors or stairways, Owners and renters of older apartments.RV and boat owners, Military officers, People who move frequently. Parents and grandparents of college students.
Website URL: https://www.simplicitysofas.com
- Are there too many details listed in the detailed description? Which ones would you take out?
- Is the detailed description believable? If no, what don’t you believe?
- Visit https://www.simplicitysofas.com. Spend no more than 5-10 seconds on the home page. What do you think the site is about?
- Now go back to the site and comment on various elements of the site.
- What do you find bothersome? What do you like?
- How do you feel about having full access to the site without having to sign up?
- Can you easily see how to order a free catalog or free fabric swatches?
- How do you think the site compares to other similar sites/competitors?
- Please share any additional feedback/comments you might have.
About Simplicity Sofas:
Simplicity Sofas has developed patented, proprietary furniture products with high technological barriers to competition that target substantial market niches that are unreachable by other furniture companies.
The company designs, manufactures and sells the products directly to consumers, bypassing retailers and ensuring unusually high profit margins for the industry.
The company’s primary marketing focus has been on establishing customer service standards far beyond customer expectations. Simplicity Sofas’ customers are so enthusiastic about the products and the service they receive that they enthusiastically spread their experiences through word of mouth and internet reviews and blogs. There are many repeat customers.
After more than 3 years and over 2000 customers Simplicity Sofas has never had a negative review. It does, however have a national network of customers who have volunteered to show the Simplicity Sofas furniture in their homes to prospective new clients since the company does not sell to retailers and some customers insist on seeing and feeling before they buy.
There are 3 primary market niches the company targets at this time.
1. Homeowners or apartment dwellers with narrow doors, stairways, elevators, etc. which a normal sofa or sleeper will not fit through.
2. Small scale furniture for smaller homes and apartments. The company makes sofas, sleepers and chairs in hard-to-find smaller sizes that are very difficult for consumers to find in retail stores.
3. Sectionals that target both the small scale market and the market for people with narrow entranceways.
All Simplicity Sofas products generally fit under the category of “Ready-to-Assemble” (RTA) upholstered furniture. There have been RTA sofas and sectionals in the marketplace for about 50 years. Simplicity Sofas products are different than all those others.
The RTA upholstered furniture industry is made up primarily of large companies (mostly overseas)selling to large retailers. These products are mass produced and are designed to be inexpensive and cheap to ship. Retail prices for a sofa generally range from $299 to $599 with limited selections of styles and fabrics.
Simplicity Sofas markets to the consumers that these other RTA furniture companies have ignored — customers who need an RTA product, but who have enough money so that they want to buy nicer furniture. Until Simplicity Sofas there was nowhere for these customers to buy high quality custom RTA upholstered furniture.
Simplicity Sofas makes the highest quality (and highest priced) RTA upholstered furniture available anywhere. Simplicity Sofas are also the easiest and fastest to assemble.
Here is a YouTube video featuring a Simplicity Sofa being assembled in less than 5 minutes without tools – by an 8 year old boy:
All Simplicity Sofas furniture is custom made, one piece at a time, just like normal high quality furniture. Materials used such as solid oak frames and premium quality cushions are also the same as expensive conventional sofa makers. The company offers a selection of 150 different fabrics, several different types of cushions, slipcovers, sleeper options and dozens of other custom things that can be done upon request.
Where the low end competition sells for $299-$599, Simplicity Sofas starts at $799 and can go over $1500. Sectionals can go from $2000 – $4000. The average sofa sells for over $1000. There is no competition at this price point.
The customer base is not price oriented. The company has taken 4 price increases in 3 years and sales just kept going up each time. The last increase was taken January 1, 2011 and the monthly sales are more than double the previous January. A large majority of customers choose the most expensive fabric grades and nearly 75% buy at least one optional (high margin) item to go with their furniture.
The factory opened its doors in November,2007. One week later President Bush announced that the country was officially in recession. The furniture industry was hit very hard in the recession and is only now slowly coming back. Dozens of well-established furniture companies went out of business or fled overseas.
During that same recessionary time period Simplicity Sofas monthly sales went from $0 to more than $100,000 and are continuing to grow. January, 2011 sales are more than double the sales from the previous January.
13 Awards. $5 Each. No Awards Remaining.