Skillshare is a virtual learning software that allows users to connect and improve their required skills. It enables interested learners to access virtual classes offered by industry developers, and experts.
In a nutshell, Skillshare is designed to improve individual talents via virtual instructions. You can learn nearly any topic on Skillshare. The site has organized courses to help you navigate your preferred course category using predetermined creativity or development skills.
Below is a list of some of the courses available in the areas of your professional needs.
Creative: Graphic Design, Animation, Fine Art, Creative Writing, Film & Video, Photography, Illustration, Web Development, UI / UX Design, Music, etc.
Developers: Business Analytics, Entrepreneurship & Freelancing, Leadership & Management, Sales & Marketing, etc.
Thrive: Lifestyle and Productivity.
How Skillshare Works
1. Self-Paced Courses
To access the Skillshare platform, you register as a new member and get the course catalog. You can begin with the free membership and start with introductory courses or dive into the paid membership for more categories and detailed course outlines.
Once you have selected your preferred membership, search for your target topics from the scores of related courses to pick from.
A single course can produce more than 1200 search result options. To narrow down to your specific study material, refine your search using the filters on either paid or accessible mediums.
2. Course Length
The course length depends on your study needs.
Once you’ve established a course that meets your needs, go through the course outline. Read the reviews about the system and the discussions to learn more about the course’s value in question.
If you’re sure it’s the right thing to pursue, get started with the available learning content right away.
Access to Skillshare classes is convenient. You can launch them from your laptop or via your phone.
The courses are also available in videos so that you can learn at your pace.
3. Project Gallery
You can exploit the ideas in the course options by watching the project gallery from your Skillshare account. Here, you get to see recent projects of work done by advanced members.
To dive straight to your specific course project, filter the gallery by highest-rated projects, latest, and popular projects.
If you prefer community interaction with like-minded learners, Skillshare offers regular workshops in your virtual learning.
Workshops offer two to three shared classed according to the learning instructors’ schedules in your study niche.
The last four weeks and run simultaneously with like-minded students.
So, if you want the old-style “classroom feel” and a Community Manager present to help you with your learning goals, this detailed, intensive learning experience is a good fit for you.
The groups came as a recent addition to the Skillshare platform influenced by the massive growth of learners.
Browsing through millions of other learners on the platform to find your colleagues and associates is no easy task.
With the recent development of regrouping, you can instantly connect with your learning peers and stay updated on industry trends.
Skillshare Groups is an excellent tool for the growth of your skills with the benefit of peer-to-peer review.
6. Professionals & Aspiring Teachers on Skillshare
Skillshare allows experts to add new courses to their platform. The experts are required to follow a prescribed standard Teacher Handbook for developing project-based, easy-to-follow lessons.
- Free Classes
- Class Creation
- Catalog of Premium Classes
- Building Channels
- Shared Learning Experience
- Learning by Support
- Publishing Classes
- Group Classes
- Promoting Class
- Teachers Compensation
- Encourages peer networking
- Offline viewing-Premium Students
- High-Quality Learning Materials/Courses
- Stable functionalities
- Value for money
- Valuable for learners with individual learning targets
- A robust platform, providing both course materials and online classes
- Provides a learning platform for refreshing skills previously learned and to re-build abilities through new course developments
- Skillshare offers a shared learning experience where students can provide honest feedback about their learning experiences within their communities and groups on the platform
- Skillshare promotes and improves the imagination and creativity of the learners
- Learners can view video lessons and design projects to unleash their inventiveness
- Skillshare offers business opportunities to expert trainers and course developers by paying them when. Students enroll in their classes or watch their video content
- Premium users have limitless access to a series of classes.
- Users can conveniently use learning content while offline on the mobile app.
Pricing & Costs
Skillshare costs vary on the membership level, which in this case are two main categories:
- Free version
- Premium version costs differ on the billing cycle)
The free Skillshare courses are easily accessible once you register for a free account using a valid email address- which is used for logging in to the website.
Once you’re logged in, check the dashboard for your preferred free available courses.
Skillshare Premium Membership
To access the entire catalog of Skillshare courses, sign up for Premium membership. This membership level includes over 23,000 topics to choose from.
The best part about the premium option is that you get to watch your learning videos without the annoying ads interruption.
Skillshare Pros and Cons
- Skillshare offers free classes to students
- Has diverse content
- Easy to use
- Allows building of communities of like-minded learners
- Free trials available
- Mobile app available
- A weekly update of fresh content
- Offers teacher payment plans
- All around user experience
- Easy to register and set up a free account to access content in your niche
- Free trials available
- Skillshare mobile app available
- No quality control for instructors
- Annoying ads of the free membership level
- Full course content limited for free users
- Learning courses not fully accessible
- Annoying ad popups
- Poor video quality
- Lack of closed captioning on the videos for easy comprehension
If you’re looking for credited learning software with professional trainers, Skillshare is flexible and user-friendly. However, if you’re looking to upgrade your professional skills and acquire recognition, the training software does not offer any certification to prove the completion of your virtual learning.