The web app to create the radio channel for your business.
Target Audience: small businesses, hotels, restaurants, spas, shops
Website URL: YBR.TapTempoStudio.com
No. of Feedback Providers Requested: 1
1) Look around the home page – what is your initial impression of what you see?
2) What do you think is our product about?
3) Are you encouraged to (create a new account, subscribe, sign up for a free trial, etc.)? Can you tell us why (or why not)?
4) Go to search engine of your choice and find one other company that offers a similar service. Compare the two companies. Which on do you prefer? Why?
5) Please share any additional feedback/comments you may have.
One thought on “YBR – Your Business Radio”
1. First of all, it took me five minutes to find the option for English. If you intend your main audience to be English-speaking, English should be the default language. If I wasn’t reviewing this site, I would’ve given up and left after a few seconds. So, my “second impression” is that I’m puzzled by the choice of a background image that seems to depict people at a concert. As far as I understand it, you’re selling businesses a personalized radio channel. That doesn’t have anything to do with concerts. I also don’t see any tabs or links leading to additional informational pages.
2. It’s pretty clear that you provide individualized radio channels for businesses. However, I’m not sure if this is something that a business would play in-store only or on their web site or what.
3. I signed up for a free trial account because I’m reviewing your web site. I probably would not sign up otherwise because there’s so little information available on the site. I thought when I signed up, I would get a confirmation email with instructions to access the rest of your site, but I didn’t.
4. I searched on “business radio channels,” but that only returned radio channels with business news. Then I searched on “radio channels for businesses” and found just one similar service, called Custom Channels. It isn’t fair to compare their site to yours since you only have a home page so far, but I will say that their home page is more attractive and more understandable than yours. The “Custom Music for Business” slogan and the selling points below clearly explain that the site offers individually created music channels for businesses to use in-store and online. The image of an employee listening to headphones reinforces this. You’ll also notice that the home page includes a navbar with tabs linking to other informational pages. At this point, I prefer Custom Channels simply because it’s easier to understand.
5. I’d love to give you more feedback, but there’s not a lot to go on here. You need to flesh out your web site–add informational pages, a sales page, and so on. I’d also suggest choosing a different background image. The one you currently have conjures images of a concert, not a business radio station. After you’ve added to the site, it would be great to come back here to StartUpLift so we can give you a more detailed analysis.
Comments are closed.